Touch screen focus on the next 5 series?

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Seeley
Contributing MemberPosts: 761
Like?
Touch screen focus on the next 5 series?
Jan 29, 2013

I asked santa for an EOS M for Christmas, and it's impressive in some significant ways.  Perhaps most impressive is the touch point focus, where you just touch the screen where you want the cam to focus, and it snaps the pic.  Being spoiled by my 5Diii, I hate the slight shutter lag, but the touch focus shooting seems like a game changer.  I imagine it on my 5Diii in a model shoot with no shutter lag, and I WANT it.  Much faster and more precise that toggling my focal point with joystick.  No issues changing focal point when I switch from landscape to portrait.  Seems like it could easily be set up to stay where you touched the screen last, while you use the shutter button, till you want to change it again on screen.

Dave

-- hide signature --

pro photo-illustration
http://www.DaveSeeley.com/
current kit: 5DmkIII, 17-35/2.8L, 24-70/2.8L II, 24-105/4L, 70-200 is II/2.8L II, 70-300/4.0-5.6L is, 100 macro/2.8L, 50/1.2L, 2x III extender, 1.4x III extender, 8x550ex Speedlites, Phottix Odin Flash Triggers

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow