Started Dec 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
jnk
jnk
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
Re: D700 lens error with 50mm 1.4
In reply to madden0010, Jan 29, 2013

madden0010 wrote:

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I should have clarified in the original post, but this is the 50mm 1.4D. I have still been struggling with this error, the aperture ring is set correctly (as it works fine on the my other bodies). I believe I was incorrect in my first post, it is the FEE error...not ERR.

Brought the body and lens to B&H this weekend while going to pick up a few other things, and talked to a few people there about my issue. We tried the lens on two other D700 bodies and the lens worked fine...no changes to anything. We also tried my D700 with the 24mm 2.8D...also did not work. At least I have come to the conclusion that it is an issue with the D700 and not the lens...but I still cannot figure what could be wrong.

After spending some time at the counter swapping parts trying to figure out what was wrong, both myself and the B&H staff were at a loss. I was told to go speak to their nikon "Guru" who looked at the camera for a half hour or so...and eventually agreed he had no idea what the issue could be. He told me in the past 30 years he's been shooting/selling Nikon he has never seen an issue like this...encouraging...

I am officially stumped, but seems that I am not the only one. Anyone out there have any other ideas?? I guess my only option now is to call Nikon and see what I can work out...

Thanks again for the suggestions thus far-

JM

What does the FEE or F-- error message displayed on an SLR camera mean?

-- hide signature --

In photography - you're judge by the images you take - not by the camera/lens you use.
Ken

jnk's gear list:jnk's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon D800E +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow