Started Jan 29, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jezebel Masterson
Forum MemberPosts: 71
Like?
Video shutter speed/FPS question
Jan 29, 2013

So I have been experimenting, learning, and generally growing into my new X900m. Love it, such an amazing camcorder for the price. There are a few quarks that bug me, such as not being able to adjust aperture and gain at the same time. Guess they figure I won't want to stop down aperture unless I have more than enough light to hit 0DB, which is the case usually, no biggy. Another is you have to be in manual mode to access the manual settings for sharpness color wb ect, again, not too big a deal, just something to remember.

One of the reasons I chose this model over some of the competition was the ability to control shutter speed, from 1/30 to a whopping 1/8000. Once I found how to bring it down from 1/60 (factory setting limit) to 1/30, I ran into a technical question. How is it possible to shoot video at 1080/60p, with a 1/30 SS? If each frame takes 1/30 to record, that means it takes 1 second to record 30 frames, so how am I getting 60p files?

My only guess comes from my understanding of how rolling shutter works. Is this a case of the sensor rolling two line scans per 1/30th? The only other way I could imagine  would be for the camera to interpolate frames between the native scans, but I have heard and read nothing about this. Thanks for any help here, not life threatening but I would like to understand the process.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax X90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow