Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brev00
Senior MemberPosts: 5,954Gear list
Like?
Re: Share an Image Because of its Color
In reply to mistermejia, Jan 29, 2013

mistermejia wrote:

Brev00 wrote:

There is a Black and White Forum but no place specifically for color. An oversight? It is sort of assumed that color is an element in most photography but it is often not singled out as important. In this forum, the discussions usually center around resolution and focus. Okay, there is sometimes an issue with skin tones. But, color can dominate an image and is often my favorite aspect. Here is one of mine to get things rolling:

So Blue

Monochromes are fine but not required. Just any image you would like to share because of its color(s). There is no requirement for realism. Just appeal due to color. This is shot with a D90 with color brought to you by Adobe (Elements).

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brev00

Did you have the camera in VIVID mode and crancked up saturation, or is it just plain blue because you were in CANCUN?

Hawaii was pretty blue but, in this case, I used a fluorescent white balance in Adobe Camera Raw to accentuate the blues.  Saturation was just +2.  I also used the Landscape picture control in this instance which, I think, gives a bold accent.  But, that is all after the fact.  I shoot raw and sometimes mix it up in post processing.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brev00

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
blueNew
RedNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow