Future of Four-Thirds

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Questions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,037Gear list
Like?
Re: The future is MICRO-Four-Thirds
In reply to Everdog, Jan 29, 2013

Everdog wrote:

Micro 4/3rds will soon better support the 4/3rds PDAF lenses. Because CDAF is more accurate (LensRentals already proved this - see DPR article), combined with PDAF, the micro 4/3rds cameras will have superior focusing. They will also have more options in size, better sensors, better IBIS, more compatibility (virtually any lens works on M43), and so much more.

Keep your 4/3rds lenses, enjoy the E-620, and eventually make the switch when you are ready.

I agree with Everdog, but mostly because I'm an eternal optimist and don't really have the money dedicated to upgrading right now anyhow. If I did, I'd have a K30 or E-M5 already.

As it is, I'm holding out with my 11-22mm, 14-54mm, and 50-200mm and hoping that Olympus releases a cracking PDAF/CDAF proMD. Then it's a 2 year wait until I can afford one on the used market.

Cheers,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow