Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
yooperguy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,772Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking for a GREAT P&S
In reply to BobT, Jan 28, 2013

BobT wrote:

Lars,

I like that thinking. That 2nd shot was with the tele converter AND into the digital zoom range, too? Not bad at all.

Can you give me the specific model info for both the Wide and Tele adapters? Thanks.

Then it becomes a question of IF those adapters with a G-Series or Nikon P7700 will produce better images than my native Canon SX50 HS? That's an important question.

Think about the size of the lenses and adapters required.  I have a G9 and G11, I also have the Canon 0.75x wide converter and 2.0x tele converter lenses.  The work fine on my G9 (they were designed for it), but the wide converter does not work well on my G11, others have had better results with theirs.  The lenses let me shoot at 26mm to 420mm with my G9 (35mm - 210mm native).  The G11/G12/G15 would be 21mm to 280mm equivalent.  I've shot my G9 with the tele lens and the tele lens to get 840mm equiv.  The results were not too bad, but digital tele will not be as good as shooting RAW (no digital tele) and cropping.

Here are some shots showing the adapters and lenses on the my G11;

Dennis

yooperguy's gear list:yooperguy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot G11 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX20
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow