how many $$$ have legacy lenses saved for you? and aren't they fun?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
mgibbs
Regular MemberPosts: 380Gear list
Like?
Re: It COSTS money in time, and not fun!
In reply to ingda, Jan 28, 2013

ingda wrote:

Well, here is my take in one of my infrequent posts. I've been doing photography for over 60 years, but with a long layoff until relatively recently. Leica, Contax qnd Canon SLRs were my tools, but over time deteriorating vision made it almost impossible for me to focus accurately. With the advent of digital, I was able to return to picture taking. Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I found out what my old carefully cared-for cameras and lenses would bring. So, I've kept them. Recently I sort of "accidently" acquired two E-P2s and some modern autofocus lenses. Just for the hell of it I bought a Canon adaptor and tried out a basic fd 1.8. What a revelation. I was able to focus using the lcd. So, I'm in the process of playing with my old lenses. The EP-2 feel sort of reminds me of my old Leica 3f. So, I'll probably keep all my lenses -- but I'll use them. I figure my cost will be for some adapters (cheap) and for a VF-2 (not too expensive) but what fun I'll have using manual focus successfully once more. And, I do like the visual quality of the Canon fd 1.8. I'll try my Zeiss glass come spring.

-- hide signature --

ingda

pleased to hear the the LCD has you back in the MF game!  enjoy, and thanks for posting!

mgibbs's gear list:mgibbs's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow