Getting rid of the V1

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tord S Eriksson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,121Gear list
Like?
Re: Getting rid of the V1
In reply to JBrian, Jan 28, 2013

JBrian wrote:

Well the V1 is not for everyone. I had a V1, couple lenses 10-30, 30-110 and flash and sold it last month also. I liked most things about the V1, the IQ was pretty good and loved the AF speed. One thing that really irked me though was the drop in price of the V1. I paid pretty close to full price 7 months ago, so I lost a lot of $$ in this system. I don't plan on any camera really holding value except Leica and a few others but damn... this one hurt.

You use that as an argument to sell it?! I paid much more than you did (bought in Sweden when the price was at its very highest), and I have not for a single moment moaned about the loss of money - and I'd never sell a camera kit because it price had dropped a lot, rather the reverse! If the price had increased a lot, I might be willing to part with my V1, K-x, D600, whatever, but if the price dropped, no never!

You'd have to have big pockets to carry a RX1 in them, I can tell you that! The V1 I carried in my pocket yesterday (and the flash in the other). The 18.5 is a superb lens, the 10-30 not very good!

-- hide signature --

tord (at) mindless (dot) com

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Pentax K-x Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon 1 V2 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow