how many $$$ have legacy lenses saved for you? and aren't they fun?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
mgibbs
Regular MemberPosts: 378Gear list
Like?
Re: time is money
In reply to SirSeth, Jan 28, 2013

SirSeth wrote:

Assuming your time is worth nothing to you.

If you make $40/hour, and it takes you an hour of effort to sell a lens on eBay for $40, then there's no benefit to selling the lens vs. throwing it in the garbage.

It's all about perspective. If I throw my lens away, then that's one less lens that goes to a person who might actually use it. I can basically recycle for good use rather than landing a usable lens in a land fill because I think I'm the only person on earth who matters. Heck, I could give it away to a friend or young person who would be delighted and that would take considerably less time and be more enjoyable than listing on ebay if my time really is worth so much.

And, if it takes me an hour to list a lens on ebay, then I've got other problems than squandering time to deal with. Heck, I'll go watch football. Wait, no one would every watch sports if time was really worth $40 an hour.

How much per hour is your hobby worth? Mine are worth much more than I make at work.

Cheers,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

agreed - i had a canon FL 135mm 2.5 which i liked, but i wanted the "newer" ssc version.   so i gave the old one to a friend (who is forever doing favors for me, gratis), and he loves it....

mgibbs's gear list:mgibbs's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow