Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gregm61
Forum ProPosts: 13,972Gear list
Like?
Re: 60mm macro with tele converter?
In reply to Petter Ahlgren, Jan 28, 2013

Petter Ahlgren wrote:

Hi,

Would it make any sense to use a teleconverter together with the 60mm macro lens?

E-M5? You could always use the digital 2X TC built-in to the camera. Works pretty darn well. I played with that feature this past Saturday night at an NHL game with the 75mm f1.8. There is no teleconverter for micro four-thirds right now.

Would it increase the working distance?

The digital 2x TC will get you twice as close, so you could back off further.

I'm looking for a macro solution and i have come to the conlusion that a dedicated macro lens is probably the best solution but I'm a bit worried about the short working distance you get with the 60mm lens.

I'm also consider to buy the kenko extension tubes and use them together with my 75-300 lens.

The Kenko tubes work well with the 75-300. From the 150-300mm focal length range you can back off 3-4 feet and still get in close. Not macro close, but close enough for something like these I captured while using the 10mm Kenko tube with the 75-300..

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow