ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bluevortex
Regular MemberPosts: 155Gear list
Like?
Which? Nikon 1 V/J1 or Sony Rx100
Jan 28, 2013

Hi all,

Primary use is by my wife, a teacher, class snapshots etc (she runs school blogs) but also family as we now have two boys (5wks and 3year old). It would mainly live in her handbag mon-fri and communal use w/e. nothing to fussy, easy to pick up and use whilst achieving good results.

We looked at Nikon 1 last year but to expensive then however, these recent price reductions have me interested again now. One problem,  the RX100 is now available, simplicity of design, high IQ (for P&s), pocket ability etc very appealing to me also since I own Oly EP3 and lenses which is now basically a bag system unless using only pancake. the obvious choice is the RX100 since its opposite to my EP3 and would cover all our needs but I can't help considering if the v1/J1 is a better buy. I know the white design appeals to her also and I think she might fall for the Nikon (as long as it was simple to use) over the black Sony ultimately leading to more images?

I have up to £450 to spend and I am happy to do so just want to get the best setup I can for us for the money. This could mean RX100 or V1/J1 plus lenses for example

So which for your money?

cheers

blue

Bluevortex's gear list:Bluevortex's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8
Nikon 1 V1 Olympus PEN E-P3 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow