OM-D E-M5 a huge disappointment for me...

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Prairie Pal
Senior MemberPosts: 2,174
Like?
Re: Anti-shock delay solution?
In reply to Anders W, Jan 28, 2013

Anders W wrote:

~snipped~

My guess as to the reason for the difference in behavior between the 45/1.8 and the two zooms used at the same FL is that the 45 is shorter and lighter. The longer and slightly heavier (though neither is particularly heavy) barrel of the two zooms probably means that the impact of the shutter shock more takes the form of "pitch" (angular up-down movement) with strong consequences in terms of blur. With the 45, by contrast, it probably more takes the form of "vertical shift" (up-down movement without change of angle) which has far less serious consequences in terms of blur (unless you are shooting at very short distances). In short, I'd guess it has to do with how the center of gravity of the camera-lens combo changes depending on the lens used (possibly also with the way you are likely to hold the camera with a shorter/lighter compared to longer/heavier lens).

That sounds logical.  Now I wonder who is going to be the first company to spend R&D money to incorporate a tuning fork in the bodies to absorb or alter those shock waves. 

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow