D600 dust issue..

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Questions thread
Joe Braun
Senior MemberPosts: 1,425Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 dust issue..
In reply to Marc PoKempner, Jan 28, 2013

As one point of reference, I have one of the first D600's. Within a few hundred shots, I started noticing the oil spots (before this was discussed as a common issue). In many of my shots, you can't even notice them, but in some (like a clear sky), you could see them quite easily and I would clone them out in PS. After reading that others were seeing this, I finally broke down and bought a wet clean kit and learned how to clean my sensor. (Oddly enough, this was a good excuse for me to learn this procedure, since I had gotten away with never doing this in the past.) Camera has been good since, although I know I'll have to do this routine again in the not-so-distant future.

I guess that knowing about the issue and how to clean the sensor, I'm not bothered by the issue. My camera takes wonderfully sharp photos, AF works well, and little flaws like this (and the need to cover the eyepiece for long ND time exposures) are livable by me. I don't think about spots very much. I'm enjoying my first FX camera.

-- hide signature --

Joe Braun Photography
Some of my favorite images here:
http://www.citrusmilo.com/favorites/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow