Slightly OT raw converter discussion

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
jonska
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,205Gear list
Like?
Re: Slightly OT raw converter discussion
In reply to rogerstpierre, Jan 28, 2013

rogerstpierre wrote:

jonska wrote: I like SilkyPix too, especially for the colour rendering of Pentax raw shots. It is just too limited in other respects.

Which aspect of Silkypix do you find deficient ? Are you talking about Silkypix DS Pro 5 of the free v 3 ?

-- hide signature --

Roger

I have Silkypix Developer Studo Pro 4 (4.1.35, to be exact)

I used "deficient" in its literal sense of "lacking" in features I thought I needed and would get (and actually got) in Lightroom, mainly the cataloging, tagging, colorcoding, slideshows etc. etc.

As a converter I thought Silkypix was brilliant, once I got used to the workflow (and the Japlish in the manual/help menu). It was recommended to me by a Finnish Pentaxian who came up to Iceland on a week's photoshoot and showed me his workflow, which I copied. It replaced Elements and everything else I had been using up to that time.

For a long time, when I got frustrated with Lightroom, I would choose "Edit in other application" within Lightroom and move to Silkypix. This is becoming more and more rare as I get more used to Lightroom - importing the result back into Lightroom is a pain anyway, as mentioned elsewhere.

-- hide signature --

Shooting since '59 and still waiting for a keeper

jonska's gear list:jonska's gear list
Pentax K-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow