Seattle Fireworks.....

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 27,571Gear list
Like?
Perspective
In reply to Bob Tullis, Jan 28, 2013

Separate from the comment on the one shot's precision. . .

I think why I like these in general is that the Seattle Tower (er, right?) is presented in a way I've never seen it before. So for my interest it was not as much about the fireworks show than it was featuring the Tower under that atmosphere that I find engaging. And uniquely inviting.

This series as presented was, and we take it to be, about the fireworks. With that as the perspective these aren't quite that and possibly a let down for the observer. Ideally one would have made it about the fireworks with the Tower as a secondary supporting interest, but of course as a back seat driver such observations are easy.

But there's a lesson to learn here - mainly, be prepared to change a lens quickly at the onset of a show. Put the camera in MF, don't panic while you tune in the focus (better to miss some moments than to capture a misfocused series).

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow