Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 13,977Gear list
Like?
Re: Please let me know what you think of my copy of 16 2.8
In reply to GaryW, Jan 28, 2013

GaryW wrote:

captura wrote:

You didn't say, but I'd guess you have one of the newer NEXes, and distortion correction is enabled. Looks OK.

There doesn't seem to be much geometric distortion with this lens (so there shouldn't be much correction). Contrast that with the kit lens, which has noticeable barrel distortion at the wide angle, like most (?) wide lenses.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

My experience was somewhat the opposite. Have you ever tried it on a NEX5 or a NEX3 where Sony didn't bother with distortion correction? On my 3, the 18-55 was iffy under 24mm and over about 40, especially wide open. But the 16 was unusable.

Now with the new 5R, both are usable but the 18-55 is still far better. No barrel distortion with either. I use f5.6 or f8 for both. What is your experience with these lenses and which NEX cameras have you used? Did you enable distortion correction?

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow