anybody diagnose low light issue with my new J2 (two images attatched) look at this sh*t

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Darlene Goff
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,596Gear list
Like?
Re: Automatic photography
In reply to Simon97, Jan 28, 2013

This is the same problem I have with my Pentax K-r DSLR. It does decent enough ISO 3200 with available indoor light compared to my other cameras, but pop the flash and shoot and it still chooses ISO 3200 like it is not getting any feedback that there is supposed to be more light. I do better with my upscale P&S and the built-in flash. I have primes with f/1.8 and f2.4 but I am still shooting at ISO 3200 indoors, most times. Sometimes it will drop to ISO 1600. Now with my older Nikons, I didn't have nearly as good a high ISO but I got better results. So it is a puzzle. I think in the case of my Pentax it doesn't meter as well as my Nikons. I don't yet have the flash attachment for my V1. I am shooting with available light with my V1.

http://www.pbase.com/imacatmom/image/148438579/original

This was probably taken with the best shot selector; not sure.

Darlene Goff's gear list:Darlene Goff's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P5000 Nikon Coolpix 8800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow