OM-D E-M5 a huge disappointment for me...

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jolly Oly
Contributing MemberPosts: 975Gear list
Like?
Re: Anti-shock delay solution?
In reply to Anders W, Jan 28, 2013

Anders W wrote:

In my testing, I have found some signs of different behavior even at the same FL. The most clear-cut example is the 45/1.8 versus the 14-45 at the long end and the 40-150 at the short end. I have no trouble with the 45/1.8 (although some other people have reported issues with this lens as well) but both the 14-45 and the 40-150 are affected when used at the same FL as the 45. On the 14-45, I can get rid of most/all of the problem by using OIS rather than IBIS (the OIS on this particular lens, not others, appears to be able to counteract the shock, whereas IBIS can't) but with the 40-150 no such solution is available.

Very, very interesting. In my case the Panasonic 14-45mm lens is totally free of this issue and maybe my sharpest lens in any condition. On the other hand, all the results that I had from 40-150 were so bad that I had to sell it (it wasn't defective - it was perfectly ok on my GF2!) and bought the Panasonic 45-175mm, which turned out to be better than expected - equally without any issues - with firmware 1.0. There is a fw 1.1 out but after seeing THIS POST I will stay on fw1.0.

-- hide signature --
 Jolly Oly's gear list:Jolly Oly's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow