Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
fad
fad
Forum ProPosts: 12,190Gear list
Like?
Re: While the world listens, this is the music that angels hear
In reply to Sal18, Jan 28, 2013

Sal18 wrote:

What a great series! And an interesting story. Does he see her approaching in the first one, or is he kept waiting? Now...that kiss in the 3rd one. There is plenty to read into that. No passion, but not a cheek brushing good-bye, either. Check out her lips, or as a wind player might say - her embouchure. Or her chops. Now we see a different story from the one we first assumed.

Sal

Well-caught on the embouchure.   But see how happy they both are in the previous photo.   There is real feeling of some sort there.   I'm sorry I don't have just after to see how it turned out after he formed his embouchure.   They were not just bussing.

She was standing there with an air about her, but she was too far from the sign, so I decided to focus on that and see if there would be an interesting juxtaposition.    I got really lucky, but I often do with the 70-200.   If all I wanted to do was take as many good photos as possible, I would shoot with that lens exclusively.  It is my lucky lens.

It would be impossible to get this sequence with a normal or 35mm lens.   My presence would have affected the picture.

-- hide signature --

Frank
Unless noted, all photos shot in downtown Manhattan.
Thanks in advance for the kindness of your comments.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4s Nikon D810 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow