How many years......

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nightwings
Forum ProPosts: 10,364
Like?
Yes but.......
In reply to oklaphotog, Jan 28, 2013

oklaphotog wrote:

Except that there isn't enough pixels in this image to make a decent print of any reasonable size. I would bet that a full frame pinhead shot @ low ISO and 8x10" would beat that little low pixel image uprezzed to 8x10. It's not a photograph until it's printed.

I think a true definition of pinhead sensor needs to be made. For me it's any sensor smaller than the 2x 4/3 sensor. By that definition, I think a 2/3" or 1" cam in raw at low ISO could do this in a not so distant future, they are already close in the case of the X10, RX-100 and Nikon 1 series.

It only took me 2 minutes of post processing..... topaz denoise ..... upped the contrast a little bit and played with the curves slightly... then added a bit of USM. Out of respect for the owner of that image.... I will not post the result. But trust me... you WOULD get an 8x10 and most people would be hard pressed to tell it from a full frame shot.

-- hide signature --

Nikon AF - One Shot ..... One Kill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow