Hmmm.... I see an awful lot of D800's for sale out there these days.

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ohnostudio
Regular MemberPosts: 486
Like?
Re: @ageha - buying for the wrong reasons
In reply to ageha, Jan 28, 2013

ageha wrote:

AlephNull wrote:

It's about the time that the butterflies realise that the D800 isn't making them the better photographer that they thought it would, so they flutter off to something else (Sony A99, perhaps?). It's a good thing if you want a second D800 a bit cheaper.

And other reasons could be credit card remorse. The reason I have seen in a couple of cases has been just way too much camera for he user. One I know bought an 800E plus a boatload of lighting (Elinchroms) thinking he was going to break big into portrait shooting. He gave up after a month. The lighting is already sold and he's now trying to dump the camera. Some buy stuff for the entirely wrong reasons. He could have bought a used D70 to learn portrait lighting, but no, he had to have what the cool kids were using.

)

Maybe we'll see a few less posts along the lines of "I just got a D800 and want you to tell me exactly what the trendiest lenses are".

Don't we already have that here?

-- hide signature --

Don't aspire to be like someone else. Be better.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow