Why I'm wondering to switch to Canon after my experience with D600 + 24-70mm

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
lera ion
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
Re: Why I'm wondering to switch to Canon after my experience with D600 + 24-70mm
In reply to wint, Jan 28, 2013

wint wrote:

I was reading this huge thread about switching to Canon:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3370016

I am relatively new to the Nikon but I had some unpleasant experiences that are making me think about trying Canon. I'll list:

1) The issue of oil / dust on the sensor. It's pretty clear to anyone who bought the D600 that will have to live with it forever. I do not want a camera that requires much maintenance.

2) I had problems with SD card slot 2 on my D600. It just was not recognizing the card until I played with a key there and somehow allow the contact.

3) I bought a used 24-70mm. I know that was a mistake. But served to find out how many problems has this essential Nikkor lens: Zoom ring rubber loosing , "stiff" zoom and I'm still discovering more.

4) There are a lot of people that complain abot the colors Nikon cameras produces. I always thought the colors from Canon are more vivid, but I thought it was my mind. But recently I saw a lot of people drawing attention to it. So it's not just me.

It is clear to me that Nikon has a serious problem with the QC.
If it is clear to me that the 5D markIII gives me better IQ, AF, Colors, HIGH ISO, Radio Flashes etc, today for $ 800 more, I think, for FF beginners like me it is worth investing in Canon.

No bad ideas. When you came back to Nikon!

lera ion's gear list:lera ion's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Nikon D600 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ok.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow