my love-hate relationship with the RX1

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
barjohn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,090Gear list
Like?
Re: my love-hate relationship with the RX1
In reply to ekaton, Jan 28, 2013

I own and use the RX1 and I too would really like to see AF improved; however, I haven't seen or owned any other compact camera that has better AF and equal or better image quality in a variety of lighting conditions.  I have owned the EM-5 that has really excellent AF but IQ is not a match.  This is the first camera I have owned, and I have owned many, that I am willing to shoot on auto ISO and know I will be pleased with the results up to 6400.  The combination of fine detail, high dynamic range, flare resistance and color depth means that mistakes in exposure or framing can easily be handled in PP with crops and adjustments to produce a pleasing high quality image.  I did spring for the EVF as it still helps with better framing in certain conditions.

There are two fixes I would like to see: 1) Fix the AF and 2) let me set minimum shutter speed in auto ISO.  Unless Sony addresses these issues I fear that sales will diminish substantially, especially if the Fuji X100S actually delivers on their promises.  I owned the X100 and loved it except for AF/MF and it appears that they may finally be addressing those issues.

-- hide signature --

John
Visit my web gallery at:
www.barjohn.com/My Photographs/index.html
Comments and critiques welcome.

barjohn's gear list:barjohn's gear list
Olympus XZ-1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow