How come my K-30 no longer informs me when subject is in focus?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Questions thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,832Gear list
Like?
Re: How come my K-30 no longer informs me when subject is in focus?
In reply to Wang Hung, Jan 28, 2013

Wang Hung wrote:

You guys are right, I have to activate the focus first by half pressing on the shutter and then MF.

But with the Sigma lens, I hated doing that so I changed the AF button to the AE/L button (programmable) on the K-30 for focus while the shutter is only there to take the picture.

Now when I hold down that AE/L button and MF, the focus activates and the indicator square turns on. Problem solved.

Thanks for the advice, it was a newbie mistake ;-).

Happens to the best of us, Wang Hung.

I'd had my K-5 for several weeks and was having issues with getting Live View to work... Couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get it to come on (never mind that I not only had a printed manual, I also had the PDF version on the computer, which I could search, and should have). Instead, I posted a question about it here, only to look like an idiot after Ron told me to press the LV button the back of the camera to turn it on and off, lol.

My elderly mom has lost most of her eyesight and continually has issues using the telephone. She'll dial a number, and the automated message will come on saying, "We're sorry. You must first dial a 1, plus the area code when dialing this number," but it's supposed to be a local number. Or she'll be calling what she thinks is a long-distance number and get the other message, that she doesn't need to dial the 1... She continually complains to me about the stupid phones that don't half work, and/or the telephone company. I just keep telling her it's "operator error."

That was me with my K-5, and you with your K-30... Operator error -- 99 times out of 100, we can fix an issue by figuring out what it is we're doing wrong.

Have fun with your camera!

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow