my love-hate relationship with the RX1

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,238Gear list
Like?
Re: my love relationship with the RX1
In reply to Ariston, Jan 28, 2013

I had an RX1 for 2 months, but I no longer own one. I'd still like to have one, but AF is the one factor that has me trying to figure out whether I should just go with a bigger FF camera and deal with the bulk to get good AF or whether the small form factor of the RX1 is enough to overcome the poor AF capabilities. I am still on the fence, but I am also in no hurry to decide. I want an articulating LCD and the A99 provides that as well as anyone. But the Sigma 35/1.4 isn't out yet and the Zeiss 50 isn't appearing until spring. So, I'll wait. I could still end up deciding on the RX1 as it's a much cheaper option than the A99 with a lens or 2 (RX1 is MUCH CHEAPER). I'd really like to see Sony release a firmware update that addresses AF (e.g., like the X100 AF update). I don't have much hope for that, though. The RX1 image quality seems second to none when I do get AF to work. Hmmm. Hmmm.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow