Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
scott_o
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Upgrading from T1i to T4i?
Jan 28, 2013

I currenty own the T1i, with the 18-55mm kit, 55-250mm and the nifty 50mm.  its about 3.5 years old at the moment with about 30,000 shots through it.  I am starting to use it to record short video clips (for auditions, fixed position with the 50mm).

The built in mic on the T1i is not very good and there is no external input.  I would also like to start recording more movies handheld, keeping moving subjects is focus manually is hard (i don't move the the camera while shooting).

Amazon is selling the T4i with the 18-135 STM for $859.   I can trade in my T1i to Amazon for $229, or try to craigslist for more.

Is it worth the $630 (or less) to upgrade? Will still image quality improve?  I am going to keep my 55-250mm and 50mm lenses, but lose the 18-55mm kit.  Is the 18-135mm lens superior in all aspects to the 18-55mm kit lens?

Thanks for the feed back!

Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SureNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow