In reply to Barrie Davis, Jan 28, 2013

Barrie Davis wrote:

drh681 wrote:

Barrie Davis wrote:

drh681 wrote:

57even wrote:

drh681 wrote:

JulesJ wrote:

Thos of you here who are obviously upste that i should challenge one of your billionaire's ways of afeecting public opinion will no doubt support another of your supper rich's attempts at undermining democracy.

Amazon's CEO Jeff Bezos has donated $100,000 in 2010 to oppose new initiative raising state income tax on the wealthiest residents of Washington State-including himself. No problem there is there?

So, now you have a problem with people donating money to a political fight that directly affects them?

Poor people cannot donate money to a cause that effects them, so basically you are saying democracy is only for the rich.

In America anybody can donate money to a cause that affects them.

Or they can go around and collect money to donate to a cause that affects them.

Or they can organize their neightbors to vote on a cause that affects them.

In America, democracy is for those who wish to participate. (which only half do)

What? You don't like the predicted effects of Global Warming, so you are gonna fund and run a democratic campaign to VOTE them into NOT HAPPENING!

Hmmm... It is hard to think of a greater stupidity than that which you have expressed above.

It is no stupider than your non sequitur rant.

If I have misunderstood, you should have explained yourself better. Why does my "rant" not follow?

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Baz
"Ahh... But the thing is, these guys were no ORDINARY time travellers!"

Because we were discussing Bezos and his donation to help campaign against an initiative to raise taxes.

Not anything to do with global warming.

As far as I know, no body has put up an initiative to block that!

-- hide signature --

Photons by the bag.
Gravitons no longer shipped outside US or Canada
-----.....------
You got a camera, now go out and get a life; or at least a picture of one!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow