What's the line on an X Pro 2 in 2013

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
DrewLavyne
Forum MemberPosts: 94Gear list
Like?
Re: What's the line on an X Pro 2 in 2013
In reply to hellocrowley, Jan 28, 2013

I would be seriously hard pressed to believe that Fuji will come out with an X-Pro2 this year. The idea is to get all of us X-Pro1 users to buy another camera in the X100s...only to replace our X-Pro1 bodies next year when we've enjoyed the improvements of the X100s.

As much as I'm tempted to add and X100s to my bag (I came to X-Pro1 from an original X100) I think it makes more sense to simply wait it out and let Fuji come out guns blazing with the X-Pro2 and what is sure to be even more improvement over the X100s. There is no doubt in my mind that they'll pull out something special for their top of the line, flagship Pro camera. It will be worth the wait.

As a side note, and not to be a downer or anything, I really think all of the hype about the autofocus in the X100s needs to be taken with a grain of salt. The NEX cameras have hybrid autofocus and from what i've read performance isn't all that much different from their CDAF predecessors. It looks to me like the processor is the big improvement here: increasing the speed at which the camera focuses and shortening the length of time required between shots. That's what I'd be most excited about.

DrewLavyne's gear list:DrewLavyne's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow