What's better, Pentax FA 50mm f1.4 or Pentax DA 50mm f1.8?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Questions thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,832Gear list
Like?
Re: Considered the FA 43?
In reply to awaldram, Jan 28, 2013

awaldram wrote:

JeffAHayes wrote:

That your daughter there, awaldram? Cute and coy looking... bet she's a handful, now, considering that pic is 5.5 years old -- probably got ALL the guys chasing her -- and YOU pulling your hair out!

She's at university and has a steady boyfriend , but your right that look pretty much represents her character.

She looks more like this now (da*16-50)

You must be so proud, man! Now that she's in college, with a steady boyfriend, I imagine all the rebellious, "terrible teen" years are past (or maybe you got lucky with that). I checked on that F 1.7 Pentax lens, but no dice -- at least not on Amazon... I'm guessing it's no longer available new, maybe somewhere used (or maybe it's a version more available "across the pond" than on this side). Since my post I checked at Newegg and the DA* is still at $669 there, which is still $130 less than most everywhere else. But that's also still almost twice the going rate for the older F 1.4 lens, which has been selling steady at Amazon for $359 for as long as I've been checking. If I had to choose between that or the new, plastic F 1.8 lens that's not even WR, which isn't much less expensive, I'm thinking I'd go for the older, better built F 1.4 lens, as others have suggested.

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow