Image resolution

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Questions thread
Biggs23
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,497Gear list
Like?
Re: Image resolution
In reply to PGSONY, Jan 28, 2013

PGSONY wrote:

Hmm is that when you resize the image? I leave that blank usually and only select 300 ppi for resolution. If I need to do it that way.. can you guide me in exactly what I need to do .. which options I need to pick? The album I am creating will be a 12 by 12.

I think the pictures my photographer gave me are 2000 X 3000 with 300 ppi. I could be wrong.. not in front of my computer.

2000X3000 is roughly an 8x10 size image. A 12X12 album when open is 24 inches long, neasrly 2.5 times larger than the image files you have. As such, any images that are stretched across an entire spread are going to have to be upsampled to fill the space adequately. The quality of that process is dependent on many factors. I would personally prefer to upsample the images manually in PS before letting another program do it automatically.

-- hide signature --

Any opinions I express are my own and do not represent DPReview.

Biggs23's gear list:Biggs23's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow