Why I'm wondering to switch to Canon after my experience with D600 + 24-70mm

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
afterburn
Contributing MemberPosts: 727Gear list
Like?
Are you a jpeg shooter?
In reply to wint, Jan 28, 2013

4) There are a lot of people that complain abot the colors Nikon cameras produces. I always thought the colors from Canon are more vivid, but I thought it was my mind. But recently I saw a lot of people drawing attention to it. So it's not just me.

Canon and Nikon do differ in how they present photos and colors in their default settings. However, this is essentially only relevant if you shoot jpeg and depend on the engine in the camera.

If you shoot raw, like you probably should with a D600 or D800 (unless you have specific reasons not to, i.e. press photogs generally shoot jpeg for speed in getting them to their publishers), how your photos look is completely up to you. I recently came from Canon to Nikon and my raw workflow is entirely in LR4 and have no issue making either brand looking like I want to have them look. Your photos should look the way you want them to look, not how Nikon or Canon want them to look.

-- hide signature --

Gijs from The Netherlands
Nikon D800

afterburn's gear list:afterburn's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Apple Aperture +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ok.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow