Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rambalac
Regular MemberPosts: 315Gear list
Like?
Re: Yet another OM-D vs. GH3 thread
In reply to Jerodequin, Jan 28, 2013

Jerodequin wrote:

rrr_hhh wrote:

I don't want the bracketing on the drive mode, like it was on the G1/3 because I couldn't use the timer at the same time as the bracketing.

Luckily, the bracketing isn't on the same dial on the GH2... a shame that they've moved it back to the same dial on the GH3 as this results in not being able to use the time at the same time as you pointed out.

It is not true that you have to dig deep into the menus with the E-M5 : the SCP is just as good as the Q.Menu and with the E-P3 Olympus has reorganized the menus which now make a lot more sense than the Panasonic for me. There are two things which Olympus could improve, it is the bracketing and the Mysets. The Mysets case has been solved with the E-Pl5, let's hope that the bracketing will be next. We just need to have it on the SCP where it could replace something like the color space.

The SCP is better than the Q.Menu in my opinion.

That said, the SCP could be much better if the items on it were configurable. Regardless of whether we learn to get comfortable with a camera, I'm not sure whey everyone is so keen on defending the usability of either Panasonic of Olympus, they both suck in many ways, and don't seem to really improve with each new generation.

Just because we can learn to get comfortable with the arcane choices of each manufacturer it doesn't mean we should like it - the more people post about absurd menu choices, the better. Maybe it will eventually get taken note of an improved.

Q.Menu is configurable.

Rambalac's gear list:Rambalac's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow