K5 IIs - Shooting strange stuff found in an antique building...

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,396Gear list
Like?
K5 IIs - Shooting strange stuff found in an antique building...
Jan 28, 2013

I visited an antique warehouse over the weekend... it was very dark inside so had to boost the ISO to 1600 and 3200 for these shots.  I was pleased with the outcome.. and the subject matter is a bit strange...  All with the K5 IIs and the DA 35.

This first one is really weird... an antique wedding dress on a most unusual mannequin.

I don't really know what this next one was.. probably a vase of some kind but it looked interesting.

Came across a collection of shells and thought it might be a good monochrome subject.

Way back in the corner of the building I spotted this crucifix hanging on a weather door with a bit of light coming through a window...ISO 6400 shot.

This was the darkest shot taken.. it was almost totally dark.. but I found out where old typewriters go to die...

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow