A true D700 successor: D600 sensor in D800 body ... and fur gods sake, leave the damn video out!!!

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ScottRH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,598
Like?
Re: A true D700 successor
In reply to ralittle2, Jan 28, 2013

ralittle2 wrote:

John Motts wrote:

ralittle2 wrote:

With all due respect, it isn't just the pros who want a higher fps camera. Many folks like myself, who have kids playing various sports can't make do with the D800 nor can afford the D4.

If you can't manage without the fps of a D800, how would you have managed with film, or earlier DSLRs?

Not as well, but that's not really the point. Technology has changed, and that allows even amateur photographers like myself to capture images that wouldn't have been possible in the past.

I'm a pro, I do weddings in a semi-reportage style and I always work with my cameras set to single frame. A lot of people would benefit greatly from this method, instead of this obsession with FPS.

So, predominately we shoot different things. I don't always need to higher fps nor would I use it all the time, but there are times when it is very helpful. I'll go along and agree that higher fps don't make a good photographer, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't have it. The D800 is a great camera and does things a D400/D750-type camera can't do nearly as well, but that doesn't mean that the D800 is for everyone. I shot some baseball last week using a D700 without the grip. It was a heck of a lot better than what I have now, but capturing my son on the pitcher's mound still left a surprising amount of motion between shots. I was very pleased with the D700, and am seriously thinking of buying one, but I will also purchase the grip to go along with it.

I don't see this as an either/or situation. To me, there is plenty of room for a D800 AND a D700 successor. Everybody wins.

>I don't see this as an either/or situation. To me, there is plenty of room for a D800 AND a D700 successor. Everybody wins.

+1

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow