Have you converted anyone to the EM-5?

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
J2Gphoto
Forum MemberPosts: 69Gear list
Like?
Re: Have you converted anyone to the EM-5?
In reply to Archiver, Jan 28, 2013

Archiver wrote:

I've been responsible for two EM-5 conversions in the last month. Dad has been looking for a new camera for a long time, wanting to step up from the various Canon S's and G's that he's been using for the past several years. I suggested many things including the Sony RX100, but never the EM-5. But when I showed him my EM-5, he was amazed at how fast and responsive it is, and how it made him feel like he was using 'an old film SLR, a real camera'. He bought one shortly thereafter.

Then one of Dad's friends noticed that we were both using the EM-5! He used to own Olympus SLR's years ago, but has moved to Nikon DSLR's since then. He was looking for a good camera for his wife, and he asked me why I chose the EM-5 instead of a camera like a Sony NEX. I talked about the lens choices, the versatility and the speed, and showed mine to him. He loved it, and soon his wife had a New Year's present.

Have you done any EM-5 conversions?

-- hide signature --

Archiver - Loving Every Image Captured Always
http://www.flickr.com/photos/archiver/

I can't put an exact number on it, but I have suggested or had people ask me about my E-M5 that ended up buying one.  A few people on the forums I frequent told me my posts and images convinced them to buy an OMD.  I have also received direct messages from people on ModelMayhem who asked about and then bought an OMD.  Twice at the local camera store I chimed in while customers were asking about it and the guy there who knows me told them I was an OMD user.  The one guy turned out knew me from a FLICKR forum and sent me a direct message thanking me and that he just listed all of his Canon gear and dropped almost $3,000 at that said local camera store for an OMD and a few lenses along with the grip.

I try to suggest what people want, some have bought NEX one friend bought a Canon.  But if someone is asking about the OMD I have no problem pointing out it's strong points.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
TwoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow