Yet another OM-D vs. GH3 thread

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
richarddd
Senior MemberPosts: 2,956Gear list
Like?
Re: Yet another OM-D vs. GH3 thread
In reply to rrr_hhh, Jan 28, 2013

rrr_hhh wrote:

I don't want the bracketing on the drive mode, like it was on the G1/3 because I couldn't use the timer at the same time as the bracketing.

Being able to set one thing with a dial and another with a menu seems easier than having to set two things with menus (assuming the drive mode dial isn't the only way to set bracketing and self-timer, which would be bad design).

It is not true that you have to dig deep into the menus with the E-M5 : the SCP is just as good as the Q.Menu and with the E-P3 Olympus has reorganized the menus which now make a lot more sense than the Panasonic for me. There are two things which Olympus could improve, it is the bracketing and the Mysets. The Mysets case has been solved with the E-Pl5, let's hope that the bracketing will be next. We just need to have it on the SCP where it could replace something like the color space.

The main items I'd like to see on the SCP are bracketing and mysets (preferably mysets I can label).  It would be nicer if the SCP were fully customizable, but those two things would go a long way.

Solving mysets is a higher priority for me, as I could then use mysets for bracketing.

Having many jpeg settings taking up the large portion of the SCP is annoying when you only shoot raw. The entire upper right corner is a waste, IMO.  I'd rather have the space available for settings I use.

Alas, from what people say it's not likely Olympus will fix the E-M5 firmware to add these features.

richarddd's gear list:richarddd's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow