Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stephenbw
Senior MemberPosts: 2,377Gear list
Like?
***WINNERS ~ Mini-Challenge #374 ~ Cold ***
Jan 28, 2013

With over 50 entries of such a high standard this has been a particularly difficult mini to judge. I'd like to thank everyone who submitted pictures, which once again took me to places I'd never been before. I could easily have chosen a shot from everybody, but as there's a 10 picture limit, these are the one which stood out for me.
 The HMs, in no particular order are:

TorontoH5 ~ Abandoned Rose

Two very different 'Backyard' shots
sueanne ~ Snowy Backyard

Stephen Barrett ~ Frost in Backyard

Jacek Dolata ~ Trees and Fences

Iván ~ New Year Walk

arrow180 ~ Houses and Cottages

A620er ~ Frozen River Ouze

*** And the Winners are: ***
In Third Place ~ Hank3152 with this 'Best in Snow' shot of Ruby.

I love the bright red collar, the texture of the coat and Ruby's demeanour as she faces the driving snow.

Hank3152 ~ Ruby

In Second Place ~ btrons' 'Freezing Trees'.
 This is just a gorgeous snowy landscape with the mist rolling down in the background, the steely blue sky and those beautiful frosted trees.

btrons ~ Freezing Trees

In First Place ~ Colleen with 'Cold City'.

I adore this fantastic shot; a brilliant combination of snowscape and cityscape, nature and architecture. And the perfectly positioned empty bench surveying the steaming city frames it nicely. The only 'improvement' would be to see a larger version

Colleen ~ Cold City

Well done Colleen, the baton is passed to you, and I look forward to the next challenge.
--

Stephen

Stephenbw's gear list:Stephenbw's gear list
Canon PowerShot A620 Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow