Nice to finally see positive review of Oly 17mm 1.8 :)

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mister H
Regular MemberPosts: 213Gear list
Like?
Re: Nice to finally see positive review of Oly 17mm 1.8 :)
In reply to Neil, Jan 28, 2013

Neil wrote:

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2013/01/27/the-olympus-17-1-8-lens-review-on-the-e-m5-by-steve-huff/

I am still waiting for mine in the mail - hopefully lens will be delivered in a few days!

Cheers,

Neil

I'm sure you'll enjoy it - I really like mine. I loved my 20mm but the 17mm is an all round better lens in my opinion. I love the feeling of it, it's very sharp, it (with my OM-D) can see in the dark better than I can, and no banding! My 20mm often showed clear banding at ISO1600.

I seem to remember there was a relatively high profile negative review of the 12mm around the time it was launched, but judging by this forum (and other subsequent reviews) that opinion is in the minority. I'm guessing the 17mm is experiencing the same thing, and as more folks try the lens then the consensus will change in the same way.

-- hide signature --

I'm getting there...

Mister H's gear list:Mister H's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow