Nikon D5100 or Canon EOS 600D?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Questions thread
Stephan Def
Regular MemberPosts: 288Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D5100 or Canon EOS 600D? (60d...)
In reply to karthifcri, Jan 28, 2013

karthifcri wrote:

hi..

I am looking to purchase my first DSLR (entry range) and have zeroed in on the Nikon D5100 and Canon EOS 600D based on my initial budget. Appreciate any help on -

• Are there any obvious pros/cons for a beginner between these two?

• To start with nikon D5100, if I were to purchase an additional lens with kit 18-55mm lens, which one should i choose?

I am mostly interested in wildlife photography. Video is a secondary priority.

thank you in advance..

For the D5100 get the 18-105 mm VR lens as your allaround starter lens. I have the D5100 and I am happy with it, my main concern is the image quality and that is very good.

I can't say much about Canon, but apparently they are lagging in Sensor technology, their 18MP APSC Sensor is getting very long in the tooth. If you get Canon then go for the 60d, it has come down in price a lot check what deals are available in your area.

Stephan Def's gear list:Stephan Def's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow