The Raw v JPEG challenge (RX100)

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Docno
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,034Gear list
Like?
Sorry, I don't understand
In reply to Dutchpepper, Jan 28, 2013

Dutchpepper wrote:

I think the Jpeg did very well you said you where "drenched in dark purple-blue light" and that's what it gave you! and if you had used the "Multi Frame NR mode" it would have been even better! and you would have saved yourself a lot of time. I think what you have shown is that raw can't always save you

http://www.flickr.com/photos/loubella/

There was a live band nearby. The lighting was constantly changing. When I took the shot, I certainly wasn't aiming to have her all dark blue like that. Also, with flashing lights (and beers in the belly) you don't notice these quickly changing colour shifts ... the eyes adapt the scene and you see fairly naturalistic colours. And when taking a photo, I certain wouldn't want the person all green or purple. The Raw has clearly saved the shot in this case. Not sure why you would say otherwise. She was happy with the shot. If I had given her the blue shot, what do you think her reaction would have been then?

Also I don't see how a multi-frame process would have helped other than perhaps with exposure. With mutli-frame, one frame may have been blue, one frame green, etc., because of the flashing coloured lights. Would have ended up with mud...

Docno's gear list:Docno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow