Ilkka Valkila
Regular MemberPosts: 370Gear list
Like?
Re: New version
In reply to jonska, Jan 28, 2013

jonska wrote:

Ilkka Valkila wrote:

jonska wrote:

I only see ACR in action on import into Lightroom and on the very rare occasions that I actually open a raw shot using Photoshop (I normally edit in photoshop straight out of Lightroom so that Lightroom will know where everything is).

Actually you see it in action in LR Develop module.

Very true, but disguised, as you say, as "LR Develop module" which had me fooled. I have always assumed that ACR was only the converter and separate from the Developer. I suppose the catalogue function of Lightroom is also known as "Bridge"? Hopelessly confusing for dabblers like me.

No, there are major differences (as far as I know since I don't have CS and hence no Bridge). LR catalog is a database, Bridge, as I understand it, is more like file browser, though they have many similarities. Scott Kelby and Matt Kloskowski claim that there are at least 100 differences . But ACR is the converter and Develop module is where you make the settings to convert the raw file just like you do in the ACR module of Photoshop.

-- hide signature --

Ilkka V

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow