Anyone using a Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 Di VC USD SP Lens.

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave_bass5
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,899Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone using a Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 Di VC USD SP Lens.
In reply to JosHendrikx, Jan 28, 2013

Ive had the Tamron since Dec (on a 5DMIII). It very quickly replaced my 24-105L as my main zoom lens.

I have no complaints about the IQ, its nice and sharp and more than up to the job, but the VC system has been problematic. It started jumping a while ago, then sorted itself out after about a week, but in the past 8 days its stopped working 3 times and ive had to take it off and re mount it. AF is also slow, but fast enough. I actually use my 100 f/2 USM most of the time so i notice the AF lag when i mount the Tamron.

The lens is going back today but i expect ill get a replacement, i do like having both f/2.8 and VC and there doesn't seem to be any other options at the moment. Ive never used the Canon versions but there are enough reviews around to get an idea of how the Tamron compares. I was satisfied that i was making the right choice, and couldn't afford the Canon MKII anyway.

Tired the Sigma and found it soft wide open on two crop bodies and a 5DMKII.

As far as battery drain goes, there is a thread on here explaining all about it and what caused it. Its really not an issue if you buy new now.

dave_bass5's gear list:dave_bass5's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 650D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow