Love/criticism for new photography hobby!

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
heyjoe
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Re: Love/criticism for new photography hobby!
In reply to miketseng, Jan 28, 2013

Hello!

I am not a pro, but I would like to share my view.

The first image IMHO is much overprocesed: you've exaggerated probably pseudo-hdr effect - the clouds are unnaturally black, and there is even a white envelope around the branches - it doesn't look good. But on the other hand the composition looks fine for me.

The second image looks very artifficial too, too much post-processing, but again, the composition seems pretty good.

The third looks interesting, I've started wondering "what t f is this? nuclear powerplant controller?":) it's good, because it's intriguing

The forth looks fine, but I would like the mercedes sign not to be cropped at the top.

In the end I want to confess, that I've made very many over-processed images beginning the hobby, it just takes time to cool down the fascionation of computer effects and start to appreciate balanced images. HDR-effect can be great (i. e. to emphasize the rough surfaces), but it have to be "handled with care".

Good luck!

heyjoe's gear list:heyjoe's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow