5DMKII outer points are terrible?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
AOKH
Senior MemberPosts: 2,585Gear list
Like?
Re: Was it this duck that was fuzzy?
In reply to Timbukto, Jan 28, 2013

Timbukto wrote:

All of them were AI-Servo with back button focus operation. However most of the shutter releases were with AF -on left down. Thus almost every shot had the AF point marked in liveview display or embedded in EXIF. For example the 3 sequence or 2 sequence shot of the moving duck or goose is clearly AI Servo with back button focusing. I also decide to jog the AF point for the last shot. I am not machine gunning it however...there are times where AI Servo definitely gets confused and some of it is just paying attention to VF and AF sounds to know when AI Servo is confused so you do not release shutter, etc. But it is more competent than confused at least with these conditions.

I am interested in what either 6D or 5Dmk2 owners can do with their outer points in AI Servo. For me I find one shot is only more accurate than AI Servo in fringe scenarios not worth worrying about most the time. Basically if I am not shooting still life, use AI Servo.

Thanks, pretty good results then!  

-- hide signature --

Regards. Anders

AOKH's gear list:AOKH's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow