What is mFT FoV?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Questions thread
Vlad S
Senior MemberPosts: 3,087Gear list
Like?
Re: practical measurement with 20mm
In reply to gollywop, Jan 28, 2013

gollywop wrote:

Now DM and Anders, you just quit playing around with a real scientist. Why, back when I worked at the National Bureau of Standards, we used to be plenty happy when we got within 20% of the answer, particularly when we didn't know what the answer was that we were within 20% of.

With regards to DM's remark, as far as I remember I am on his permanent ignore list. I am quite contented with that status, and I have no interest in replying to his petty personal attacks.

As far as your point of knowing the answer, the angle of view specifications of the lens have been published by the manufacturer, and the accuracy of my result to me was sufficiently close to that specification. If less than 10% deviation in the field of view is so important to you, knock yourself out photographing grids and rulers. To me it's not worth it.

And finally, I don't know if you are trying to imitate DM's vitriol, or it's your own lack of manners, but your bitter sarcasm really does not further any of your arguments, it only makes you look vengeful.

Vlad

Vlad S's gear list:Vlad S's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Guy:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow