Disapointing day out with RX100

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Regular MemberPosts: 104Gear list
Disapointing day out with RX100
Jan 28, 2013

I do like this camera. I like the way it works, the operability.....

Today I was trying to shoot a march. It was too hard with this camera. I could not frame quickly enough without a viewfinder. Most sots are blurred. Most sots are just disappointing for some reason - dull, soft focus, blurr, badly framed etc.

My errors: - using ISO 125 on a dull day - forgot to change it when shooting in manual mode. Wrong glasses, I didn't have a good view of the screen. The walkers were fast, I didn't have time to check the focus, just pointed and shot and hoped for the best.

I know that all my problems come from technique. I have never used a compact before only and SLR. Please let me have any hints or tips you think I might find helpful! Thank you!

The album of examples is here: (I shot over 150 but put a typical selection here - some edited to make them work) All feed back positive and negative most welcome!)

My Picassa Album Invasion Day Australia 2013

I am also disappointed at the lack of background blur. Guess it will take me a while to get the best from this little gem!

Shamatt's gear list:Shamatt's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow