Ineed your advice... Pentax Q?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
fakuryu
Senior MemberPosts: 1,014Gear list
Like?
Re: Ineed your advice... Pentax Q?
In reply to miles green, Jan 28, 2013

miles green wrote:

Some very interesting options you gave me. In the context I just described (DOF and bookeh) I will rule out every other small sensor.

I will rule out DSLR because of size.

The K01 seems a very sweet alternative but I believe it is almost the same size as an entry DSLR, still withou being one in the positive aspects, am I wrong?

Not really... it's shaped like a brick, granted, but you get that superb sensor, focus peaking, and compatibility with 4 centuries of good and cheap lens. The xs 40 is sooo slim, and a very good performer (as has been shown here).

Isn't 400 years too long even for Pentax?

@OP

The Q is load of fun especially with the sharp 01 prime and the presets that you can do. Even with a 1/2.3" sensor, it does not have an AA filter and resolves more like a 1/1.7" sensor. Taken that your favorite subject is your daughter, the AF could a bit problematic in low light.

For the bokeh, if your subject cou´╗┐ld be still for a few seconds, the Blur Control menu gives fairly good results.

I agree with the rest, the K01 give tremendous value nowadays. With a DA 35 f/2.4, it is an awesome all around camera, is fast, great lowlight performer and has great IQ. Additionally the SMC-A 50mm primes can be had dirt cheap and goes well with focus peaking.

A friend's B&W shot using Blur Control

Still waiting for that wide angle prime

-- hide signature --

It's not about the tool, its how you use it

fakuryu's gear list:fakuryu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Pentax K-r Pentax Q Pentax K-5 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow