What's good and bad about K30

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jonathan Lee
Regular MemberPosts: 370
Like?
Re: What's good and bad about K30
In reply to Stephenhampshire, Jan 28, 2013

funny to me how that f1.8 30mm AF slow.  i had similar slow af experience with the Bigma f1.8 85mm.

A pleasant surprise to me was how much faster is the pentax da *f4* 12-24mm that night.  the af noise however can be distracting for video heads.

guess the 85mm f1.8 has a big-o heavy glasses to move, hence slow.

Stephenhampshire wrote:

\Interesting on the sealing issue. There have been a number of posts regarding poor seals on the K30 LCD screen, but I've not seen many (any?) complaints about the K5 sealing. I have the K20D, K-5 and K-30, and I haven't noticed a difference between the K20 and K5 in terms of usage in wet conditions. I haven't had the K30 long enough to comment on prolonged usage in foul weather. As for general build quality, I agree the K30 is not in the same league as the K5 or even K20, but it is still pretty good. I find the K30 focus peaking function is a great boon for shootung between f2.8 and f1.4. Apart from the Sigma 30 f1.4 my fast glass is all manual focus, and even with the Sigma I manual focus in low light, as I find AF too unreliable/slow.

-- hide signature --

Everything changes

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Jon.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow