Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
arie
Regular MemberPosts: 395
Like?
Thinking about Minolta 28-70 F2.8 G, went with TAMRON SP 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD
Jan 28, 2013

I've been reading a lot about the Min G lens and would really like to try one out. I like the colors of Minolta and the depth, or less flat look that G lenses give you, but the lens flare and ghosting is something to consider why not to get this. Then I thought it may be a wider choice to go for the Sony CZ 16-80 DT short zoom instead. But it's the lower end of the Zeiss scale and I'm not sure if it justifies the price either.

So, in the end, I found a Tamron for about $325. I know most of them really need heavy micro-adjustment (like 15 +/-), but my A77 will do that. The other concern is the yellow color some of the older lenses are known for, so I guess I'll need to take a look and see if this copy has been fixed or not with the newer coatings or not. The other plus is that it's got 8 pin connection vs. 5, so I assume it'll provide distance data for the flash.

Reviews of the lens are great based on the price and sharpness of the lens, so I'm hoping I'll be pleased with the lens and spending 1/2 of what the Min G costs. Still, I'd love to get my hands on the Min G just to give it a spin.

-- hide signature --

1500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that people were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. -MIB

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow