Nikon 24-85 + 70-300 OR 28-300 for D600?

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
artiom99
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: Old post - 3 months old
In reply to Steve Bingham, Jan 28, 2013

Steve Bingham wrote:

I am sure the OP has long bought the lens or lenses.

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Frankly speaking, Steve, I have not.

The story is a bit more complex.

As I approached the last days of my D600 extended return period, I returned it. Last week.

I will most likely wait a couple of weeks and grab the same camera again but of a fresher batch and with a little discount comparing to the price I paid in October.

The reason for return - hope that dust/oil issue will be taken care of and an opportunity to grab a brand new camera for 200$ cheaper.

As per the lens choice - I would appreciate any advice/recommendations on my gear modification/upgrade.

I have a 50 1.8, 85 1.4D (older version) and a 80-400 VR.

I have a few thoughts on trying to sell some lenses and get something newer instead.

I was considering to sell my 85 1.4D (hopefully for around 850$) and get either a 16-35 VR or 20 2.8 instead.

As per the 80-400 VR, I am thinking between either keeping it for now or selling it and getting a 70-200 f4 VR instead and a TC.

For the camera itself - also considering to add a few hundred and get a D800, just as a better investment, due to the fact that the price is now down a bit.

However two things I am concerned about is the left focus issue and file size, as well as potentially less keepers when shot handheld. I am not a pro (hopefully yet), and most pictures I take are either of my family or nature..

Oil/dust issue on D600 is not so frightening because I am familiar with wet cleaning.

All comments/advice are much appreciated.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow